Q. How do I roll my points forward to another year?
A. Wyndham has what they call the Points Deposit Feature (page 251 of the directory). This will allow you to roll points into another year, provided you do it by the deadline. This will allow you to save your points from expiring or having the option of taking a bigger vacation in a future year. In the case of every other year’s contracts, it will allow you to vacation in your (future) “off” years.
The deadlines are as follows:
Non-VIP – 3 months from the start of the use year (last day of the third month)
Silver VIP – 6 months from the start of the use year (last day of the sixth month)
Gold VIP – 9 months from the start of the use year (last day of ninth month)
Platinum VIP – Last day of the use year
Example for owners with a use year that starts on January 1, their deadlines are:
Non- VIP – March 31st
Silver VIP – June 30th
Gold VIP – September 30th
Platinum VIP – December 31st.
Another example for use years that start April 1, 2020, and runs until March 31st, 2021. Their deadlines are:
Non-VIP – June 30th, 2020
Silver VIP – September 30th, 2020
Gold VIP – December 31st, 2020.
Platinum VIP – March 31st, 2021
To Roll points forward, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the My Club Wyndham owner portal
- Click on “My Ownership” link. The link will be on the top, if you’re on your computer. If you are on your phone, you will have to tap the menu button in the upper left-hand corner, and choose “My Ownership” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Deposits and RCI”. If you are on your PC, it will be a tab in the middle of the screen. If you’re on your phone, you have to tap the plus sign next to “Ownership Details” to get the drop-down box.
- Look for the link that says “Deposit your points today” (do not confuse it with the RCI links above it.)
- Scroll down to Step 1. It will tell you how many points are eligible for deposit under “Points Available”
- Enter the number of points you want to deposit in the second column, under “Points to deposit”. You can choose to deposit only a portion of your points. You are not required to deposit them all. However, if you only do partial deposit, and decide to deposit the rest later, it will be an additional $39 fee.
- Click the future use year you wish to move them to, by clicking the down arrow and selecting the year from the drop-down box.
- Click the Proceed button.
- It will show you the charges. If you see a fee higher than $39, then you are short on either housekeeping credits or reservation transaction credits. Housekeeping credits are $2.25 each and you need 1 per 1,000 points you deposit. You need one reservation transaction credit which costs $19.
- Click proceed
- Choose a method of payment and enter the requested information.
- Click proceed
- Review the details and click Confirm.
You can also call the reservations line and ask a vacation planner to walk you through the process. It cost $49 over the phone, but the extra $10 might be worth it, to get instruction on how to do it.
A few important things to note:
1. Bonus and PIC points cannot be moved to future years.
2. All deposits are final. Once moved, they cannot be moved back.
3. Once points are moved, they will expire at the end of the use year you deposited them in. You won’t be able to remove them again.
4. You need one housekeeping credit per 1,000 points deposited. If you’re short on credits, you can buy more at $2.25 per credit.
5. Deposited points cannot be used to book ARP reservations. They can only be used on reservations booked 10 months or less from check in.